BA (Hons’) in Law, University of Derby, UK
About the programme:
The BA (Hons’) Law award is a long-established under-graduate degree of the UniversityofDerby, UK reflecting a liberal approach to legal education that is not constrained by the specific requirements of English Bar and Law Society, laid down by the Joint Academic Stage Board. The two new top-up awards continue with the principle of widening access to legal education through allowing direct entry to the specialist stage of academic legal study by those who have not been studying on a traditional law degree programme, but who through their previous study are able to demonstrate the key attributes and skills that are needed to engage successfully with the discipline. The BA (Hons’) Law [top-up] award provides an opportunity for students to demonstrate a critical grasp of specialist areas of law, without assuming prior knowledge of all foundation elements of legal study. It is a unique opportunity for Bangladeshi students to have an international Degree from a top class UK University at a very affordable price at BAC International Study Centre.
Why you choose this programme?
- High employability in world at large.
- Very less costly compared to other UK graduation.
- Skill based curriculum.
- Credit transfer around the world.
- Flying faculties from University of Derby.
- Skype sessions with University of Derby faculties.
- Fully equipped online library and resources support.
- Distinguished faculty (full time).
Teaching and learning:
Lectures, seminars and tutorials are the main teaching methods on the LLB course.
- Alongside your fellow students, you will learn about fundamental rules of law and their application in a variety of contexts in lectures.
- Seminars will enable you to engage with and discuss assigned materials in a less formal setting.
- Regular tutorials will allow you to meet with your subject tutor as part of a small group to analyse problem scenarios and to explore in depth a variety of legal issues.
- All face to face classes will be fortified by materials and learning packages on our virtual learning platform, BAC student portal.
You will also be encouraged to take part in activities such as debating, national and international mooting (a legal debate) and volunteering and court visit. Combined with your legal studies these activities help you to develop a broad range of skills and build your self-confidence.
Some modules will also provide you with the opportunity to develop “soft” skills or employability skills – you will have the opportunity to develop your abilities in interviewing, mediation, in house legal practice, client handling, etc.
- Public International Law.
- Comparative Law.
- Sustainable Development and International Business Law.
- Islamic Law and World Society.
- International Human Rights.
- Independent Study.
BA (Hons) in Law, University of Derby,UK programme specification (120 credits):