Practice-based learning :
The culture of practice-based, independent learning and critical thinking in a flexible environment is at the heart of student experience at BAC International. BAC International aspires to become a centre of excellence in cross border higher education with a commitment to deliver the added value of a well-articulated learning experience, with all the resulting opportunities and benefits for students. BAC adoption of Edexcel’s BTEC curriculum is characterized by such an an environment of practice-intensiveness at every stage of progression. It provides the educational provision in which practical learning can flourish, enhance and foster through institutional culture and strategy. The vocational dimension of the ND/HND curriculum is quite successful in BAC International to instil a culture of practiced-based learning across the breadth and depth of the academic community, from staff to student, as well as provide the resources and facilities to support and exploit the relationship between teaching, learning and skill development for the benefit of students. BAC International recognises the importance of the ability to think critically as a highly prized quality in the context of higher education.
BAC International learning approach thus is evolving into a strategy through the process of its academic administration which is perceived to be based on the vision, values and targets for the future. Its strategic learning vision is: ‘to be acknowledged for commitment to student success, institutional innovation and enterprise, its goal and strong local impact’. The strategic focus of BAC International learning and teaching approach is interrelated with its widening participation, practice and enterprise, partnership, employability and human resource development. This approach is, by and large the approach adopted at UoD.
BAC International thus strives to commit to the following core values :
• Inspiring – supporting all to achieve their full potential in an environment of sharing of values and ideas with passion, energy and commitment;
• Creative – creating provision to stimulate innovation, imagination, and discovery and to generate challenges and new ideas;
• Respectful – Committing to deliver the planned support to students with efficiency and effectiveness;
• Professional – Upholding high standards with integrity and responsibility.
BAC International learning and teaching ethos comprised of :
• Putting students at the centre of all activities and providing a flexible and relevant curriculum with excellent teaching and learning forum.
• Providing a welcoming, inclusive, supportive and caring environment and preparing students for employment, progression and life.
• Engaging, valuing and developing diverse community of valued learners and colleagues;
• Ensuring that teaching is well informed and support by the exposition of expert professional practice.
• Promoting student’s vocational and academic success and developing their progression and employability;
• Involving learners and professionals in course outline review and administration;
• Continually enhance students’ learning experience;
• Ensuring all learning and teaching initiatives are evaluated and impact assessed;
• Supporting the professional development in continuity;
• Developing and strengthening institutional approach to information and digital literacy;
• Strengthening integrated working between student learning services across the institution.
It thus strives to develop a policy of student-centered flexible learning environment comprising elements, but not limited to the following:
Affirmative Action Policy :
BAC International is firmly committed to the protection of all members of the institutional community from violation of human rights and discrimination. The BAC International authority has adopted policies and procedures pursuant to international conventions on human rights to ensure that its programmes and activities are available to all individuals in an appropriate manner without regard to ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, colour, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability.
Sexual Harassment Policy :
It is the policy of BAC International to provide a work and study environment free of sexual harassment. All students and staff should be aware that the institution strongly disapproves of any conduct that constitutes sexual harassment and will take disciplinary measures to ensure compliance. All complaints will be investigated and appropriate action taken.
The academic and administrative authority of the institution has an obligation to maintain a positive and productive environment for students. They are expected to halt any harassment by calling attention to this policy or, if necessary, by taking more effective disciplinary action. When a situation involving such harassment is discovered, corrective action must be taken immediately. Individuals who experience sexual harassment should make it clear to the offending party that such behavior is offensive and contrary to the institutional policy. It should be brought to the attention of the authority immediately.
Internship and placement :
BAC International recognizes the importance of practical orientation with theoretical dissemination in imparting knowledge-based education. In an effort to ensure demonstrative impact in curriculum administration BAC International strives to organize internship programmes for graduating in reputed industrial and commercial enterprises to have an exposure to real world scenario. Professionals from enterprises are also invited to conduct lecture session as part of placement services.
Proficiency in English language :
BAC International is firmly aware of the language deficiency of the Bangladeshi students seeking higher education with foreign qualifications/degrees. In order to gradually remove language barrier, its Language Institute takes special care of language needs and conducts intensive courses on English. All students are required to take language classes as part of their curriculum and special classes are conducted for those identified as deficient.